There is a huge and growing problem of alcohol and drug addiction among healthcare professionals. It’s time we started talking about it. We put our patients and coworkers at risk. We put ourselves at risk. The problem is taboo and nobody wants to talk about it. I want to talk about it. I want to help stop this insidious disease from continuing to infect our entire healthcare system.
To learn more and find out how you can buy the book “An Unlikely Addict” just click on the below link…
Some questions for you all to consider…
1. Who can help an individual? Who can help the healthcare system as a whole?
2. Why should we get involved?
3. When should we get involved?
4. How do you get involved?
5. Do you support random urine drug screen testing for all healthcare workers? Why or why not?
6. What would you do if a friend and coworker confessed an addiction to you?
There will be more of course, but now let the conversation begin!!!!